International Women's Day - Exploring the history of Victorian women's rights
NMLL Connecting Cultures presents: International Women's Day archive tour & morning tea.
Tuesday 8th March, 10:00 - 11:30
Victorian Archives Centre, 99 Shiel Street, North Melbourne
Explore the history of Victorian women's rights with a tour of the Victorian Archive Centre and learn about remarkable Victorian women, followed by morning tea.
Entry is free, everyone welcome. Interpreters available on request.
Bookings Essential, contact Tara Willersdorf, email@example.com, ph: 9326 7447
Please note: While we do make every effort for this event to be accessible, due to the secure nature of the archives, there are a some requirements:
- We are wheelchair accessible
- Prams and children are welcome
- Tours of the Victorian Archives Centre last up to one hour and a minimum level of fitness is required to walk and stand for the full hour.
- There are no toilet facilities available once the tour is underway.
- The secure nature of our facility requires the tour to end and all participants to return to public spaces if a member is unable to continue on the tour for any reason.
- Note also that the centre don't permit photography in the repository (but they can provide you with images of the repos, if you're interested).