Volunteers wanted! Become a Community Learning Champion
North Melbourne Language & Learning (NMLL) is currently recruiting volunteers to become Community Learning Champions for 2016.
Community Learning Champions (CLCs) are trained and supported to help members of their community connect to learning. CLCs will actively participate in the design and development of local courses, programs, activities and events.
Why be a Community Learning Champion?
Who can be a Community Learning Champion?
If you –
You can become a Community Learning Champion!
What does it involve?
- Attending 4 training workshops, where volunteers will learn community engagement skills and learn about learning and employment pathways.
- Attending monthly meetings
- Supporting and encouraging friends, neighbours and community members learn about and take up learning and employment opportunities.
- Consulting community on learning and employment needs and,
- Supervision with CLC coordinator, where volunteers are provided with one on one support
Volunteers must be able to attend the following training dates at NMLL, 33 Alfred st, North Melbourne
- Thursday 18th February 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Thursday 25th February 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Thursday 3rd March 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Thursday 10th March 9:30am – 12:30pm
Volunteering commitment is a minimum 6 months (February 2016 - July 2016) and involves attendance of 4 workshops, monthly meetings, community engagement activities, self- guided tasks and supervision with CLC coordinator.
For further information or to apply, contact Tara Willersdorf at North Melbourne Language and Learning.
Phone: 9326 7447 / 0412 098 036 Email: email@example.com